[imp] PGP Stuff

Chris J Albertson alb at chrisalbertson.com
Sat Feb 22 22:50:23 PST 2003

Michael,

I missed this reply. So, you can ignore the changes I made for the prefs.
Selecting any of the encrypt methods is better than my one selection. At the
very least, I learned something in my efforts. I'll update my stuff from CVS to
get your pref changes soon. Thanks for letting me know about them.

--
Chris Albertson
Owner - ChrisAlbertson.com  (Actually, I rent, with an option to buy)

4783147098

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:

 Quoting Chris J Albertson <alb at chrisalbertson.com>:

 | 1) How about an option in prefs to automatically sign all outbound
 | emails?

 I have added a preference (in Message Composition Options) that lets you
 define the default encryption method - this allows you to assign ANY of the
 available encryption methods as the default.

 | 2) When you add a public key to someones address book entry, it appears
 | as
 | though the key is linked into IMP by the "name" on the key, rather than
 | the
 | email address. So, if the name in the turba address book does not match
 | the name
 | in the key, even though the email addresses match, errors are produced.

 This is incorrect.  We add to Turba (or, more correctly, the call via
 $registry->call()) by e-mail address.  See addPublicKey() in IMP_PGP::.

 michael