[imp] Confused newbie!!!

Sasa STUPAR sasa at stupar.homelinux.net
Fri Feb 21 12:01:46 PST 2003

Hi!

I am new to horde. I want to setup webmail with IMP but for use with
POP3 mail server Xmail. So I have downloaded IMP 3.1, Horde 2.2. In
install from horde I have read that you need to compile PHP. OK, but I
am a little bit confused. They say compile it as a dynamic module for
apache but on the other hand they say that php need to be compiled as
static. So what is it  dynamic or static?

If I configure php like this:

/.configure --with-apache --with-mysql --with-gettext --with-imap

Is this enough for webmail IMP or I also need some PEAR modules but then
I should have static php ?

I am curently running apache 2.0.44 on RH8.

Sasa