[imp] Confused newbie!!!

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Feb 21 09:47:23 PST 2003

Quoting Sasa STUPAR <sasa at stupar.homelinux.net>:

> install from horde I have read that you need to compile PHP. OK, but I

You can just use the RH RPMS if you want.

> am a little bit confused. They say compile it as a dynamic module for
> apache but on the other hand they say that php need to be compiled as
> static. So what is it  dynamic or static?

Either dynamic module, or both dynamic and static versions.  The standalone
isn't needed, but will make your life easier.

> Is this enough for webmail IMP or I also need some PEAR modules but then
> I should have static php ?

It is easy to install PEAR modules with a standalone php binary.  But you
can also install it other ways.

> I am curently running apache 2.0.44 on RH8.

I'd recommend just using the RH RPMS unless you have some reason not to.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!