[imp] IMP Attachment Problem

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Feb 28 22:00:44 PST 2003

Quoting Hammad <hammad at brisksolutions.com>:

> Yes you are correct php.conf is part of php rpm. So, whats the fix if you
> running apache 1.3.27 and php 4.2 (rpm) on redhat 7.3.

Don't know.  Didn't know there was a problem with that combination.
And I've been on vacation lately, so I've not been able to help much.

> I have tried most of
> stuff but nothing worked for me

You'd have to recap (completely) your situation and hope we come up with
something to fix it.  But so far, this type of problem is generally specific
to a few situations (solaris tmp dir, RH 8.0 + apache 2.x, etc).

> so I gave up in a hope that new version will
> fix it which it does (Horde 2.2.1/IMP 3.2 and PHP 4.3 on redhat 8.0

Sounds good.

> but still
> Apache 1.3.27 because Apache 2 is still buggy)

I've been running it on Apache 2.x without problem for several months now
(since November in test, since January in production).  I've seen no
sign of Apache 2.x (that I've run) being buggy (okay, more buggy than
apache 1.x at least).

> but its going to take time for
> me to setup new system for production use.

Of course.  But I recommend RH 8.0, Apache 2.x, PHP 4.3.x as a good
solution, and that is what I'm using now actually.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!