[imp] PGP Problems in HEAD

Dan Wilson dan at acucore.com
Wed Mar 5 10:34:42 PST 2003

I have been having problems with the displaying of PGP signed messages in
HEAD... I don't recal when it started, but probably within the last couple
weeks.  I just didn't figure it out until now.

IMP would go into la-la land when I would attempt to view certain emails.  I
finally realized that it was only emails that were PGP signed.  At first, I
thought it was a configuration problem on my end, so I checked all my settings
and they seemed normal.

I then verified it by comparing settings of my HEAD install with my production
(which is actually HEAD from Jan 8) install.  The settings are the same,
however, the production install displays these same messages without problems.

I finally got one of the emails to display (after letting it sit for several
minutes) and it returns the error: 'Could not obtain public key from the
keyserver.'

Again, the settings are the same as the production install and the production
displays everything correctly.  The only setting difference that I see is the
$conf['utils']['gnupg_timeout'] setting in HEAD.  You'd think that would help
not hurt ;)

-Dan