[imp] PGP Problems in HEAD

Chris J Albertson alb at chrisalbertson.com
Wed Mar 5 11:51:37 PST 2003

What is the keyserver that you have specified in your conf.php file for IMP? My
keyserver reads: wwwkeys.pgp.net. I'm not sure what the default is if this value
is left blank.
If your keyserver lists what mine says, then maybe it's a connectivity issue on
your end. Try hitting that site from a browser. (I just tried it and it works fine.)
The last suggestion I have is to maybe try and retreive the public key yourself
from wwwkeys.pgp.net. If you are able to get the key, import it into
IMP->Options and see if it will bypass the keyserver lookup.

Doing all these things should help the IMP developers narrow down your problem
if indeed it turns out to be a code issue.

G/L

--
Chris Albertson
Owner - ChrisAlbertson.com  (Actually, I rent, with an option to buy)

4783147098

Quoting Dan Wilson <dan at acucore.com>:

 I have been having problems with the displaying of PGP signed messages in
 HEAD... I don't recal when it started, but probably within the last couple
 weeks.  I just didn't figure it out until now.

 IMP would go into la-la land when I would attempt to view certain emails.  I
 finally realized that it was only emails that were PGP signed.  At first, I
 thought it was a configuration problem on my end, so I checked all my settings
 and they seemed normal.

 I then verified it by comparing settings of my HEAD install with my production
 (which is actually HEAD from Jan 8) install.  The settings are the same,
 however, the production install displays these same messages without problems.

 I finally got one of the emails to display (after letting it sit for several
 minutes) and it returns the error: 'Could not obtain public key from the
 keyserver.'

 Again, the settings are the same as the production install and the production
 displays everything correctly.  The only setting difference that I see is the
 $conf['utils']['gnupg_timeout'] setting in HEAD.  You'd think that would help
 not hurt ;)

 -Dan