[imp] Problem with Date Headers - Indian Time Zone

Parag Godkar paragg at konark.ncst.ernet.in
Mon Mar 17 10:17:00 PST 2003

I was using the following Horde Versions -

Horde: 2.1
IMP: 3.1
Turba: 1.1
Kronolith: 1.0
Mnemo: 1.0
Nag: 1.0
httpd-2.0.40-8
php-4.2.2-8.0.5

I have tried IMP on Red Hat 7.2, 7.3 and 8.0
and had no problems.
However, being in the Indian Time Zone ( IST -
Asia/Calcutta ), I had to change every occurance
of " date('r') " with " strftime('%a, %e %b %Y %T %Z') "
in ../horde/imp/compose.php for two reasons -

  1. My compose window would not close after
      sending messages.

  2. Wrong date was displayed in the sent messages.

This had to be done due to a bug in php.
But it solved my problem and IMP was running fine.

Now, we plan to migrate to more powerful Solaris 8 Server,
with the following config -

Horde: 2.1
IMP: 3.1
Turba: 1.1
Kronolith: 1.0
Mnemo: 1.0
Nag: 1.0
Default Solaris Apache - VERSION:  11.8.0,REV=2000.01.08.18.12
PHP - 4.2.3

And IMP is working fine, except that we are having problems
while composing mail -

1. Using original compose.php with " date('r') " function, the mail is
    sent but the compose window does not close.

2. If I change every occurance of " date('r') " with
    " strftime('%a, %e %b %Y %T %Z') " in compose.php,
    then the mail is sent, the compose window also closes but the
    date header is not displayed in the sent mail or the received mail
    view on the main page.

    With regards to this I have made following observations -

    1) If I open the mail, however I see the date header
        like -
        Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:33:55 IST

    2) What is strange is that I can see the headers from
        Outlook Express - both in the sent-mail and received mail
        ( for the same mails sent from IMP 3.1 - and that is important.
          So my IMAP Server probably has no problem. )

    3) An Older version of IMP - 2.2.7 is also not able to display the
        date header on the main page ( for the same mails sent from
        IMP 3.1 ) but on opening the mail, it also displays the date header
        as -
        Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:33:55 IST

So, how do I get the date headers displayed on the main page ?
Is it a problem with php or do I have to patch some IMP files?

I have created a gif to make the problem more clear -
http://staff.ncst.ernet.in/paragg/4.gif .

Please guide someone.
Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,