[imp] How often do VACUUM on Horde DB tables?

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Mar 17 13:34:38 PST 2003

Quoting Patricia Castañeda <pcastane at escuelaing.edu.co>:

> Postgres 7.2.2-1 (included in RPMS's RedHat 8.0)
>
> I want to know how often I need to do VACUUM on Horde tables?, and

How often you need to do them is up to you, your load, and how fast
you want your machine to run. :)

I do mine nightly (once per day, at about 3:00 AM, when the database
is fairly quiet).

> what`s the name of the tables?

What ever you created the table as.  Usually it is "horde" but you can
change that (I did).

I also do a dump (pg_dumpall) nightly, which gets caught by my backups,
so I have a way to restore it should I loose it.  A nice dump can save
your but in case of a failure...  No guarantee you can restore the live
database from a backup, but you can restore from the pg_dumpall output.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!