[imp] Patch for performing action on current message

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Mar 19 10:51:06 PST 2003

Quoting Oliver Kuhl <okuhl at netcologne.de>:

> It's quite a cool new functionality. But I was a little bit confused finding
> the arrows to move through the pages of the mailbox on the right side.

I agree.

For list members who don't know, this is all about the CVS HEAD development
version of IMP, and is not related to any current release versions.

> I would suggest to place the arrows to navigate in message- and mailbox-view
> in the  middle (as it always was in the mailbox view)

I think they need to be moved, but how and where is hard to say yet.

> and place the
> move/copy-dropdown on the right side.

This would simply put us back to the previous design that we were trying
to improve on.  The reason for moving it was so that we wouldn't have two
folder selection boxes next to each other (vertically), which was very
confusing.

> The dropdowns look much better placed on
> the right than in the middle, I think.

The whole point was to move them out of the right side though.  I agree
that the current layout isn't optimal, but as Chuck said, this is a "step
in the right direction" and at least someone is working to improve it
the UI. I'm sure that something good will shake out of this given enough time.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!