[imp] Setting up SMTP Auth Connection/Using ofmipd with IMP

John Smith random49k at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 20 01:19:17 PST 2003

Thanks for the help Damian, upgrading the packages did the trick..  However,
I tried to install the newest version of PEAR, but after doing so (and
installing the required packages via the package manager), IMP started
displaying some strange behaviour.. After logging in, I would be presented
with a blank page, and would have to hit "reload" in order for the Inbox
page to be displayed, and it was also noticeably slower when retrieving
icons and information..  The solution was to go back to my previous version
of PEAR, but use the newly updated packages.. (in case you're wondering, I
did remember to change the include_path variable in /usr/local/lib/php.ini
to the following: include_path =
"/usr/local/apache/php:/usr/local/share/pear:.").  So I'm thinking that this
may be a problem relating to using an older version of PHP (v4.2.0), but
since things seem to be working now, I'm happy for the moment ;)  Thanks
again for the prompt reply!

Adam