[imp] Server disables LOGIN, no recognized SASL authenticator

Tenebrae tene_IMP at niceboots.com
Thu Mar 20 13:54:46 PST 2003

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Eric Rostetter wrote:

> Quoting Tenebrae <tene_IMP at niceboots.com>:
>
> > Quite possibly.
> > Unfortunately, I'm much more familiar with port 25 and 110 commands, so
> > I'm not sure how to test the IMAP server.
> > I'm getting this when I telnet to port 143:
> > (Host names and IPs have been changed to protect the guilty.)
> >
> > #telnet myserver.mydomain.com 143
> > Trying 127.0.0.1 ...
> > Connected to myserver.mydomain.com.
> > Escape character is '^]'.
> > * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS LOGINDISABLED]
> > myserver.mydomain.com IMAP4rev1 2002.332 at Thu, 20 Mar 2003 10:04:50
> > -0800 (PST)
> >
> > Somehow, LOGINDISABLED doesn't look right...
> > 								-Tenebrae.
>
> You seem to have set it to not allow clear text logins over an non-secure
> connection.  So you can try connecting to it over the ssl port, or using
> the tsl support, or reconfigure it to use plain logins over a non-secure
> (non-ssl/tls) connection.
>
> It looks like wu-imapd, which means you probably want to change the
> SSLTYPE variable (I think from nopwd to unix, but not sure -- see the
> docs).

Thanks for the tips, but I finally got that part working.  imap-uw changed
functionality to do encrypted passwords by default or something so I had
to uninstall it and reinstall it and cclient with WITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT.

Now I'm faced with a new problem that both horde and imp do not seem to
recognize the config files.  Where is the location of the config files
set?  They were installed into /usr/local/www/horde/config/ and
/usr/local/www/horde/imp/config/ (I installed from ports on a freeBSD
system).
Thank you.
								-Tenebrae.
---
The sending of any unsolicited email advertising messages to this domain
may result in the imposition of civil liability against you in accordance
with Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code Section 17538.45.