[imp] Latest IE Update

John Nielsen john at jnielsen.net
Thu Apr 10 18:52:59 PDT 2003

I am not experiencing any trouble using IMP 3.2.1 from my Win2kSP3 box with
IE 6 and all the latest patches, with one exception.

I reverted mshtml.dll from version 6.0.2800.1141 to version 6.0.2800.1126 to
correct the behavior of an outlook express add-in I use (OE-Quotefix).
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a bug in the 1141 version of
mshtml.dll and has released an interim patch.

I don't know if this has any relevance to the problems you are seeing with
IMP and IE, but I thought I'd throw it out in case anyone wants to pursue
it.

MS admits to the problem here:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=816506

The interim patch (mshtml.dll 1173) is available here (I haven't tried it):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=878c5cd5-0a58-40e8-a963-7496c71d1f40&DisplayLang=en

If you'd prefer to revert to the 1126 version, it can be extracted from this
patch (this is what I did):
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q328970
Use cabextract or a similar tool to extract the mshtml.dll file and copy it
to %systemroot%\system32.  Do not run the executable if you have already
installed a later update for IE.

Again, I don't know if this is relevant to the problems being discussed, but
I thought one of you might like to try it out and report your findings to
the list.

JN