[imp] Newest Horde+IMP+PHP CPU usage

Stacy J.Dunkle sdunkle at pennswoods.net
Sat Apr 12 16:23:10 PDT 2003

  I recently upgraded to PHP 4.3.1, but at first stuck with Horde 2.1
and IMP 3.1. Everything ran OK, with no difference in the CPU usage of
my httpd processes.

  Then the other day, I upgraded Horde and IMP to 2.2.1 and 3.2.1,
respectively. Ever since, the httpd processes now show a much bigger
percentage of CPU usage. For instance, according to my MRTG graphs,
before the upgrade, the httpd processes rarely went above 20% on
average. Since the upgrade, it goes as high as 60% regularly, and even
peaked at 100% a few times.

  Running top, I notice that individual processes run between 10% and
30% quite regularly. This is not normal for this server.

  For about a day, I was running the latest IMP on top of the older
Horde, and it was normal. The increase in CPU usage started when I
upgraded Horde.

  I looked through the various config files, and couldn't find anything.
All of the settings are set to the same values as they were from the
old Horde. There are no databases running on this particular Horde/IMP
installation.

   Is this normal for the newest Horde? Are there any new settings that
can be tweaked to calm it down?

Thanks,
Stace