[imp] Segfaults with IMP

david.nasvik at resco.se david.nasvik at resco.se
Sat May 10 13:18:00 PDT 2003

Hi Stacy,

Try to see what's making apache to segfault by debuging it with gdb for
instance.

An easy way to debug apache, do as following:

su to root.
gdb /your/path/to/apache/httpd ((make sure you have gdb installed, download
from freshmeat.net))
run -X
Then you surf to horde/imp
and when an error occur in gdb write: bt (backtrace)
and you will have a clue what's causing the apache to segfault. Atleast you
will know more than you know now...

I'm no experienced c-debugger and I know no other way to backtrace
application like apache, but I'm sure there a plenty of ways. Imho maybe
the IMP-team should put togheter a small-FAQ how to debug apache (I'm
volunteering do that), since this list get many inquiries about apache
segfaults... I think that would be good for the development team, since
they can focus on core-php development instead of answering question about
underlaying application that they don't neiter have focus on or control
over.

My mothertounge is swedish, please have that in mind when you read my
poor-written english...

Best Regards Dave