[imp] Login problems with MD5 passwords?

James Whittington jwhittington at excelorant.com
Wed Jun 4 07:54:16 PDT 2003

Hope nobody wasted any more than 2 seconds of brainpower on my issue, I
believe I determined that somehow my Horde User account passwords didn't
match the Linux user passwords.  I reset my unix password then tried to
log on to Horde with my old password (that is in mysql horde_user
table), the login would fail until the two passwords matched.  So I then
reset the 25 unix accounts I had created then things started working.

Sorry to waste everyones time on the posts, I over-analysed the problem.

James

<<The users show up in the horde_users table with md5 values as I've
done
<<before with success.

<<But now it appears I can only log on with previously created horde
ID's
<<and passwords.

<<Does anyone have any suggested troubleshooting steps?
<<How can I verify that my MD5 hash is the same value as the password
I'm
<<trying to use?
Okay I figured out my MD5 hashes are consistant by using "SELECT
MD5("mypasswd");" and comparing it with the user_pass column.

Why would only new users not
work?_______________________________________________

James Whittington
Systems Administrator