[imp] Re: Can't get Ingo to do my filtering

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Tue Jun 10 12:28:47 PDT 2003

Quoting Lucas Parker <horde at doctorsdesktop.com>:

| michael,
|
| Thanks for the heads-up. I grabbed the latest CVS, and now what happens
| is:
|
| I login.  Click filters, I see the top menu has:
| Rules | Blacklist | Whitelist | Vacation | Script | Options | Help | Mail
|
| Plus, I see my list of rules.
|
| I click on a rule.  The rule loads OK.  The top menu loses 'Vacation' and
| 'Script'.
|
| Going back to the 'Rules' page, all of my rules are gone.  Adding a new
| rule or
| refreshing the view produces no change.

This is strange.  It almost sounds as if your browser is doing some improper
caching (are you using IE).  You should _never_ see Vacation/Script for the
imap driver EVER - the check is made ONLY the first time you access ingo in
a session.  Thus, if it is suddenly disappearing while using ingo,
something is screwy with your setup/browser since this check doesn't happen
on subsequent page loads.

| Additionally, I still have no filter icon along with my search and
| refresh icons.

This has been fixed in CVS.  (Note too that my filter icon has been
displaying fine over the last few weeks - so obviously, IE has been caching
the filter graphic.... more IE caching weirdness)

| Clueless question:  Where are these filters being stored?  I have no
| backends
| configured in backend.php, yet apparently the filters are stored
| somewhere.

By no backends, I hope that means you have at least an 'imap' entry.  Mine
looks like the following:

$backends['null'] = array(
    'driver' => 'null',
    'preferred' => '',
    'script' => 'imap',
    'hordeauth' => 'user');

The storage backend is defined in ingo/config/conf.php

michael