[imp] Follow-up: Fw: Problem sending email when bcc??

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Jun 13 15:03:57 PDT 2003

Quoting Francoise Le Bouleix <fran at his.com>:

> >Turn page_compression off (both horde/config/horde.php and php.ini).
>
>     Page compression is already off in both places
> php.ini: zlib.output_compression = Off
> horde.php: $conf['compress_pages'] = false;

Okay.  That can cause problems with IE 6.0 sometimes, but not always...
So having it off is a good thing when debugging problems.

> >Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>
> >1) If he is accessing it via ssl, this is an IE bug that hits post forms.
>     He is using SSL, but the fix for MSIE is already in the web server
> httpd.conf:
>         SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
>              nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
>              downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

That fix doesn't always fix all the problems...  MSIE is just plain buggy
with ssl connections.  I've never had much problem with this with Horde
myself, but I have nothing but problems with this on all manor of sites
using IE + SSL.

> >2) You could be getting a web server crash (seg fault, etc) which will
>  >  generate the "page can't be displayed" message.
>
> where would that show up??

In your web server error log.  For me that is the error_log file of
apache.  Note that even when the error is in the ssl, the segfault
usually shows up in error_log and not ssl_error_log.

(BTW, still trying to get the latest apache and php to build as RPMS for
RH 9... Yuck...  Was much easier for the previous versions).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!