[imp] Problems with IMP and login into it.

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Jun 17 05:39:15 PDT 2003

Zitat von Nikolajus Krauklis <nikolajus at avc.lt>:

> but if i want to use IMP webmail only for POP3 why i shloud recompile
> php with imap support ? I don't want to do this.
>
> in theoretical level - horde/imp shloud look if my php have no imap
> support
> imp shouldn't use imap functions ;/ ane let me use POP3 server only

PHP's IMAP extensions allows acces to POP3 servers as well as IMAP servers.
And this extension is the only way to access IMAP/POP3 server from PHP
natively.

> strange
> i need to try squirrel webmail

SquirrelMail falls back to a IMAP/POP3 layer written in PHP (instead of C
like PHP's IMAP extension) if this extension is not present. This is of
course *much* slower than direct access with the extension.

Jan.