[imp] Annoying problem in IMP Head

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Jun 25 18:39:38 PDT 2003

Quoting rcooper at jamesconeyisland.com:

> On my IMP I can see the
> problem when I send an email to a list, for example this one.  My message
> shows up in the "From" field as "To:imp at lists.horde.org" or in general
> "To:user at domain" and I cannot
> figure out why this is happening.

I think this is in the FAQ, but the FAQ is currently broken (due to a mailto:
change gone bad).

It is a feature, not a bug.  Lots of mail clients do it.  If you cruise
your sent-mail folder, you'll quickly see why (all the from addresses would
be you, and you'd have no idea who you sent them to, etc).

The idea is if you sent it, then there is little point telling you that.
So instead it tells you who you sent it to.  It should always do this for
any mail you sent.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics