[imp] sent mail not saved

Gyorgy Knyihar knyihar at wolf.att.hu
Wed Jul 16 16:43:32 PDT 2003

Hello,

My problem is that when I compose a mail in IMP the mail is sent
succesfully but the mail is not saved to folder Sent.

I'm uing Horde 2.2.3, IMP 3.2.1, cyrus-imapd 2.1.13.
The folder Sent exists under INBOX.
I can move messages to Sent folder without any problem within IMP.
(so it is not a write pemission problem)

I looked into the code of compose.php and figured out that the following
"if" condition at line # 901 becomes true:

if (!@imap_append($imp['stream'], IMP::serverString() .
$sent_mail_folder, $fcc, '\\Seen')) {
                      /* TODO: status(_("Message sent successfully, but
not saved to") . $sent_mail_folder); */
}

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the code so I don't know the reason
why the mail is not created in Sent.

The value of sent_mail_folder here is INBOX.Sent, which I think should
be OK.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
Regards, Gyorgy

I have the following settings:

conf.php:
--------

$conf['user']['allow_folders'] = true;

$conf['user']['select_sentmail_folder'] = false;

(I tried with "true" as well, and then selected mannually but it did not
help)

$conf['server']['show_dotfiles'] = false;

servers.php:
-----------

$servers['_prompt'] = array(
     'name' => _("Choose a mail server:")
);

$servers['cyrus'] = array(
     'name' => 'Cyrus IMAP Server',
     'server' => 'localhost',
     'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
     'port' => 143,
     'folders' => '',
     'namespace' => 'INBOX.',
     'maildomain' => 'xxx.xxx.xxx',
     'realm' => '',
     'preferred' => 'true'
);

prefs.php:
---------

// save a copy of sent messages?
// a value of 0 = no, 1 = yes
$_prefs['save_sent_mail'] = array(
     'value' => 1,
     'locked' => false,
     'shared' => true,
     'type' => 'implicit'
);

// sent mail folder
$_prefs['sent_mail_folder'] = array(
     'value' => 'Sent',
// For Exchange server uncomment the line below and delete the line above
//    'value' => 'Sent Items',
     'locked' => false,
     'shared' => true,
     'type' => 'implicit'
);

// use IMAP subscribe?
// value of 0 = no, 1 = yes
$_prefs['subscribe'] = array(
     'value' => 0,
     'locked' => false,
     'shared' => false,
     'type' => 'checkbox',
     'desc' => _("Use IMAP folder subscriptions?")
);

// perform maintenance operations?
$_prefs['do_maintenance'] = array(
     'value' => 1,
     'locked' => false,
     'shared' => false,
     'type' => 'checkbox',
     'desc' => _("Perform maintenance operations on login?")
);

// rename sent-mail folder every month?
$_prefs['rename_sentmail_monthly'] = array(
     'value' => 0,
     'locked' => false,
     'shared' => false,
     'type' => 'checkbox',
     'desc' => _("Rename sent-mail folder at beginning of month?")
);

// purge sent-mail folders every month?
$_prefs['delete_sentmail_monthly'] = array(
     'value' => 0,
     'locked' => false,
     'shared' => false,
     'type' => 'checkbox',
     'desc' => _("Delete old sent-mail folders at beginning of month?")
);

// how many old sent-mail folders to keep every month?
$_prefs['delete_sentmail_monthly_keep'] = array(
     'value' => 12,
     'locked' => false,
     'shared' => false,
     'type' => 'number',
     'desc' => _("Number of old sent-mail folders to keep if deleting
monthly.")
);