[imp] Re: HTML composition in non-IE browsers...

Henry Blackman h.blackman at chester.ac.uk
Mon Aug 18 00:37:30 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Cooper" <rcooper at jamesconeyisland.com>
To: <imp at lists.horde.org>
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 8:20 AM
Subject: Re: [imp] Re: HTML composition in non-IE browsers...

> Quoting Lord Apollyon <implist at paypc.com>:
>
> > > So IE compatibility an etched in stone requirement?  Even If code is
> > > submitted that works perfectly otherwise?
> >
> > The Horde project in general appears to be as inclusive as reasonably
> > possible, but I don't think they'd be willing to sacrifice functionality
in
> > the most dominant browser platform.
> >
> > I'd imagine if a patch "filled in the holes" with respect to providing
> > functionality for non-IE browsers with no degradation of existing
support
> > for IE browsers, it would be very warmly received.
>

> Let me get this straight.  The piece of code thats been in active
development
> for months that we designed for imp may not even be considered for
inclusion
> because  it doesn't include support for a Microsoft browser?  Hummmph.

I'd point to the *fact* that real users (not the likes of us on these
lists), on the whole, use IE.  I'd have to question overall, how useful
would non-IE functionality be?

That said, why don't you provide a patch against HEAD on your own website.
I'm sure there are plenty of Mozilla/Firebird shops out there at use Horde
and would very much appreciate a patch like this very much.

Thanks,
Henry