[imp] question about proper From/Subject line field size

Lord Apollyon implist at paypc.com
Sat Aug 30 09:50:50 PDT 2003

> Between the left Horde frame and the menu frame at the top of IMP there
> is no room left without scrolling on 800x600.  It's a support issue.
> The IMAP folder
> list pulldown control is too long.  Gets cutoff. Have to scroll to right
> to get to it

I understand what you mean here, as I have to support laptop (800x600)
users and this is something they complain about as well, ESPECIALLY
Macintosh IE users on laptops.

IMP does "waste" alot of screen real-estate, I've noticed...  but if you
want to try to get more on the screen, you should look at altering the font
sizes of the main item lists/views. (The little button adornments are
already pretty small.)

If I didn't have a myriad of higher priority tasks, I'd extend the "prefs"
system to include base font sizes and other "theme-like" modifications
*USERS* can make to IMP.  Alas, I don't even have a clean patch against
HEAD for Herr Schneider.

But I'd look at changing the font sizes (probably just some .css file mods)
first, Ron... you'll find everything cascades from there.

=Apollyon=