[imp] ingo (imp) filter question

Jeff Tucker jeff at jltnet.com
Tue Dec 2 20:22:53 PST 2003

--On Tuesday, November 25, 2003 9:55 AM -0700 Michael M Slusarz
<slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu> wrote:

> Filters only work in INBOX.  That is how other filtering systems available
> work (procmail, sieve, maildrop), so IMP now works the same way.
>
> michael

OK, I understand. My users are complaining about this behavior since this
isn't the way it used to work. We've removed working functionality with
this.

Was this done simply for aesthetics, to make ingo consistent with the other
filter modules? In my installation, for instance, we'll only run ingo so I
have no reason to make it consistent with procmail or sieve. I think a
closer comparison for ingo would be the filters in Mulberry or Eudora and I
believe those can be run on mailboxes other than the Inbox.

I've got no problem patching Imp to put the filter button back on the other
mailboxes. Is there something in Ingo which would keep it from filtering
other mailboxes? Is the current mailbox passed to Ingo or is it hard-coded
to filter only the Inbox?

Thanks
Jeff