[imp] over 800kb Attachment problems

Daniel Eckl daniel.eckl at gmx.de
Mon Dec 22 05:51:55 PST 2003

Let's say it PHP style if your imagination breaks at the windows level....

One imaginary webmail application does IMAP connections with a self written IMAP
client. Another imaginary webmail application uses the PHP IMAP functions
implemented through the c-client libraries.

If you have a PHP version that doesn't have built-in IMAP support, then first
app will work, second will fail.

This situation is very simplified and can be debugged very quickly through the
error messages. But since PHP has become such a comlex framework, this
situation can occur with a base requirement, that does weird things when
missing and not giving wonderful error messages.

Does this give you a understanding why your observations do not exclude Apache /
PHP from the list of possible points of failure?

If not, PLEASE DO NOT reply personally to me anymore as I spent too much time on
your problem while it seems you don't want a solution, but you want someone to
say: "Horde doesn't work! Sorry, we fix it for you!". Horde is working, that's
a fact. If you don't want this to be true, noone can help you.