[imp] sending russian mail

Akom lists at akom2.2y.net
Sun Jan 4 10:22:08 PST 2004

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is something I have to do to get imp to leave russian
mail I send unaltered.

I am using xkb's ru symbols, with xxkb to switch back and forth.  Letters show
up properly in the compose window (using Opera), but when I send the mail (to
myself), they come back as question marks.  I hexedited the mailbox, they are
really question marks.   Other people have sent me russian mail and I could
read it fine in IMP.

Selecting charset in the compose window has no effect (I've tried all relevant
items)

I am using CVS (as of a few days) with Gentoo (up to date).

Note that I can type the same russian letters into Wicked (same horde session)
and they show up fine on the page!  Mnemo likewise has no problem with the
russian letters and even displays them in the onhover previews.

Thanks,
Akom