[imp] Recovering mail

Todd Aiken taiken at ubishops.ca
Thu Feb 5 08:52:05 PST 2004

This might be a bit off topic, and if so I appologize.  But I'm just
curious as to what policies and what methods (if any) that production
sites using Horde/IMP apply for one of their users who says something
like, "Help!  I just deleted a new mail message that I didn't want to...
can you get it back for me?"  We currently are able to do some recovery
with our current system (Mercury IMAP server on Netware NDS) by either the
Novell salvage command or via tape backup, but if I decide to move to an
all Linux system using Horde/IMP, I'm pretty sure my users are going to
want this type of recovery continued.

CU L8R...

Todd A. Aiken
Systems Analyst - Administrator
Cole Computer Centre
BISHOP'S UNIVERSITY
Lennoxville, Quebec, CANADA

"GUIs on servers... That's like putting an air conditioner on a
motorcycle..."