[imp] Recovering mail

Jurgen Schaub jurgen at marketcom.com.au
Thu Feb 5 19:01:58 PST 2004

I don't know about other listees, but I tend to simply put on my BOFH hat and
say "sorry, no".

Seriously, I found that defaulting Horde's deleted message settings to send mail
to a Trash folder first, tends to help this problem.

Quoting Todd Aiken <taiken at ubishops.ca>:

> This might be a bit off topic, and if so I appologize.  But I'm just
> curious as to what policies and what methods (if any) that production
> sites using Horde/IMP apply for one of their users who says something
> like, "Help!  I just deleted a new mail message that I didn't want to...
> can you get it back for me?"  We currently are able to do some recovery
> with our current system (Mercury IMAP server on Netware NDS) by either the
> Novell salvage command or via tape backup, but if I decide to move to an
> all Linux system using Horde/IMP, I'm pretty sure my users are going to
> want this type of recovery continued.
>
> CU L8R...
>
> Todd A. Aiken
> Systems Analyst - Administrator
> Cole Computer Centre
> BISHOP'S UNIVERSITY
> Lennoxville, Quebec, CANADA
>
> "GUIs on servers... That's like putting an air conditioner on a
> motorcycle..."

Jurgen Schaub, IT & Systems Manager. jurgen at marketcom.com.au.
Marketcom Pty Ltd.     http://www.marketcom.com.au/    Freecall 1800 810 180
Melbourne, Victoria                            International +61 3 9510 1544
This communication (including any attachments) is intended only for the use
information that is privileged, sensitive and confidential. If you are not
the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering
the communication, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited without the express consent of the sender or the intended
recipient. If you receive this communication in error please contact the
sender immediately and delete it from your system.

Although this message and any attachments are believed to be free of viruses
or any other content that may be harmful to the computer system into which
it is received or opened, it is the recipients responsibility to perform
appropriate checking for such items.