[imp] hordeauth, sharing my joy :-)

Benoit St-Andre ben at benoitst-andre.net
Mon Mar 8 11:32:03 PST 2004

Hi everyone

First time I'm not asking a question, but sharing my joy :-)

My setup is: horde authenticating against ldap, using imp with courier-imap
(courier authenticating against ldap too).

With horde/IMP cvs HEAD, I had since a couple of weeks some big speed
problems, I was actively following the list (this one and others) to catch
some info, looked for session management, ldap, imap, etc.

Finally, just changed the parameter "hordeauth" to "full" instead of just
"true" in imp/config/servers.php

I don't understand exactly what was causing that slowliness, but since my
login is exactly the same as in ldap, it seems full hordeauth is way better
than the other. And it also speeds up everything else (kronolith, ingo, etc),
probably cos' it doesn't check the username at each click.

Anyway, hope it can help some people.
--
Benoit St-André
ben at benoitst-andre.net