[imp] IMP random logout problems

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon Mar 8 11:39:14 PST 2004

Quoting Akom <lists at akom2.2y.net>:

> Do you mean the "none" handler (default PHP file sessions)?
> Because that is what I have it set to already.
> There doesn't seem to be a "files" option for session handler in
> horde config.
>
> If you mean the php.ini, that is already set to 'files':
> session.save_handler = files

Sorry - I meant using files as the session handler, not the setting in
php.ini.

The problem you are seeing happens (I think) when several different
requests are
trying to access a read/write session at the same time.  When doing a bunch of
requests in a row, if one of those requests gets a "can't access the session
error", it will set the session to timeout and all further requests will get
the timeout error.  You will have to figure out why a certain request is being
denied access, but I have found (in my experience) that a slow session handler
can cause this to happen - when serving a bunch of requests quickly (as in
inline images) using the SQL based session handler on my system, I receieved
the same timeouts you are reporting (I have a pretty slow system).  When I
switched to files, everything worked fine.  So if you are seeing timeouts when
doing file based session handling, you are in a bit of trouble beacuse
there is
really no 'faster' solution you can go to.

michael