[imp] More Traffic than Required in IMP?

Christoph Kaser christoph at kaser.ch
Fri Mar 19 05:37:23 PST 2004

Hello Folks!

By Observing the Logs from my POP3-Mailserver, i've noticed, that IMP
everytime Receives all Mails in Mailbox, even he has only do Display the
first 20 Messages (...or Message 21-40, or Message 41-60).

If you click 'next page' on Webmail, imp will receive the whole mailbox
again. I think it's a massive Speed Brake for IMP, hardest case is: 1000
Mails in a Mailbox out of LAN, then you have to wait, depending on the speed
of the Internet-Connection, up to 3 Minutes to display one Page!

Is there a Configuration Flag to solve up this Problem?

Sorry for the Bad english expression, hope you unterstand me!

Greets
Christoph Kaser