[imp] Attachment Problem

Payton Swick payton at repligen.com
Fri Apr 2 12:05:57 PST 2004

Figured it out. For reference, this is a problem with apache (assuming
apache).
The file php.conf (usually in /etc/httpd/conf.d/) has a directive
LimitRequestBody, which is often set much too low for even 1MB attachments to
be able to be uploaded. Set this higher and restart apache to remove the
problem.
-Payton

Quoting Payton Swick <payton at repligen.com>:

> I have the exact same problem, but it only occurs on some systems. I
> have yet to
> discover a way to reproduce it accurately, but I have seen it on several
> occasions (so far with MSIE Win2k, Netscape 7.1 Wind2k, MSIE OS 10.2,
> Safari OS
> 10.2).
>
> Depending on the browser, when I click the "Attach" button after successfully
> browsing for the file, I get an error page or popup saying that the page
> doesn't exist, contains no data, or the server cannot be found.
>
> This is a big problem as some users cannot send attachments. (I'll send more
> info if I can reproduce it.)
>
> Quoting "Paul.LKW" <paul.lkw at mfun.org>:
>
>> When I attach an attachment, the brower always say unable to open
>> the page. What's wrong with this ?
>> --

> ;; Payton Swick             ;;
> ;; IT Systems Administrator ;;