[imp] Sean D & Jason Lohrenz - revisiting imp on plesk?

Tobias Eigen tobias at kabissa.org
Wed Jul 14 11:54:48 PDT 2004

Hi,

I saw in the archives that, back in March, Sean D and Jason Johrenz offered
various ways for us to install and offere the latest horde/imp combinations. I'm
interested in this.

Plesk 7, which we upgraded to this past weekend, completely breaks the way I
have been offering IMP to my members. I have a single webmail location with a
single https cert, and everyone was routed there to login to their webmail.
Now, with plesk 7 (I had plesk 5 before) it no longer allows people to log into
webmail.kabissa.org if they do not have @kabissa.org addresses. They are
supposed to log into the webmail on their own domain (i.e. user at foo.org would
log into https://webmail.foo.org).

This is a massive problem for us because we didn't even set up all the DNS for
those domains, we don't have the "webmail.foo.org" set up in httpd.conf, and of
course we don't want to buy hundreds of certs so they don't get error messages!

Any suggestions are much appreciated - if someone (Sean?) has a tarfile I can
use with optimal settings, I'd be grateful to get a copy.

Cheers,

Tobias

--
Tobias Eigen
Executive Director

Kabissa - Space for change in Africa
http://www.kabissa.org

* Kabissa, meaning complete in Kiswahili, was founded on the belief that
information and communications technologies (ICTs) can be a revolutionary
force in civil society. *