[imp] remote commands to IMP (login, compose)

Enrique ecastro at dbbf.ulpgc.es
Tue Jul 20 12:59:42 PDT 2004

Hi,
I am trying to put together to good pieces of Open Source software: the
e-learning tool Moodle and IMP.

I want to unify login to both systems, i.e. once logged in Moodle the
user shouldn't be presented an addition login screen to go to IMP when
following a link to IMP.
Searching the archives I've found a way through a hidden form calling
redirect.php in the requesting page. But information is 2 years old, is
this mechanism working now?

I want to count unseen messages in the INBOX and present this number in
the calling page: to allow users to know if they have new mails WITHOUT
having to open inbox manually.

I need to change mailto: links in the aplication (which call teh local
email client) to direct links to the compose window in IMP (with T: and
subject fields already filled with suitable data)

In other words, I want to issue commands to perform actions within IMP
mail from other web page.

Can these things be accomplished with regular Horde/IMP?
If any one has a tip, i would be terribly grateful.
Is there a written documentation on these topics?
where?

---
Enrique Castro
Dpto. de Bioquímica