[imp] remote commands to IMP (login, compose)

Andrew Coleman mercury at appisolutions.net
Tue Jul 20 14:52:37 PDT 2004

Enrique wrote:

> I want to count unseen messages in the INBOX and present this number in
> the calling page: to allow users to know if they have new mails WITHOUT
> having to open inbox manually.

The IMP portal block has an example of how to do this. Try the file
horde/imp/lib/Block/summary.php

> In other words, I want to issue commands to perform actions within IMP
> mail from other web page.

Try looking at the file horde/imp/lib/api.php. It will have all of the
functions available for just such an occasion. I am not sure of the
parameters you can pass to the compose function, but you should be able
to specify a subject...

--
Andrew Coleman
mercury at appisolutions.net