[imp] Re: Bug report?

Daniel Eckl daniel.eckl at gmx.de
Wed Aug 11 12:20:02 PDT 2004

Am Mittwoch, 11. August 2004 20:23 schrieb nightowl:
> I thought PHP5 was almost completely backward compatible with PHP4?
> Seeing the pages at php.net ...
> http://php.easynet.be/manual/en/migration5.incompatible.php

This list is incomplete, because it only covers core functions.

For example the whole domxml extension is not included in PHP5. They were
experimental in PHP4, so there was the possibility that these functions get
lost anytime.
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.domxml.php

There are much more experimental functions which are used in Horde and are not
included in PHP5 or included a completely other way.

> is there a solution? My server needs to support PHP5 while I rely on
> IMP for my mail ...

Use two servers.

(I say "servers", not "hosts")

Daniel