[imp] Report as Spam

Edwin Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Sun Sep 12 06:25:25 PDT 2004

Quoting Daniel Eckl <daniel.eckl at gmx.de>:

> As your IMAP users are no system user and have no homedir, you can have
> pre-user preferences only when using sp0amassassin with it's mysql storage. I
> have not tested this, so you have to read spamassassin documentation on how
> to install it this was and how to get IMP to give the username to the
> spamassassin program.
>
> Daniel

Interesting point, Daniel.  I don't have anything in mysql
although I did configure the tables in SAM, they are empty.  I
only have virtual users and the configuration for reporting both
spam work as expected.  I use ldap but IIRC there are no
modifications there.  As enigma evasion for the time being, I'm
going to assume that it works because I call spamassassin from
an xfilter in my .maildroprc in each users home directory.
Otherwise I would have to go back and try a reconfigure that I
would prefer not to do.  I do remember that I tried to set up
mysql but could never get it the recognize the -u username, but
I don't remember how I came to my current solution.  Sorry.  I'm
told that this is a common problem for us "Senior Citizens" :)

Geoff, I hope the discussion will be helpful, at least.  Please
keep us informed as to how you solve the problem.  Hopefully it
will help someone else in the future.

ed