[imp] IMAP folders and message IDs showing

David Wilson dave at dcdata.co.za
Fri Sep 17 09:13:25 PDT 2004

Hi guys,

How are you ? I've used IMP with IMAP on a number of servers however this
time I have a user who has an IMAP message store on their server which is
normally accessed with Kmail. This person now wishes to access their IMAP
mailbox remotely, so I've installed IMP for them.

I've configured my servers.php entry as follows:
$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'MyServer (PMB)(IMAP)',
    'server' => '10.0.5.2',
    'protocol' => 'imap',
    'port' => 143,
    'folders' => 'Mail/',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => 'mydomain.co.za',
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => ''
);

I can login to IMP 100%, my problem is that the user's folders in the "Open
folder" drop down list show up all weird with "cur/" and all the messages
IDs like "10...2091.PmPm:2,S" etc. It doesn't seem to recognise the folders
as folders and the message IDs as messages.

I'm not exactly sure what IMAP daemon is running but I suspect it's UW
(Slackware-9.0).
The IMAP banner is "* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS
AUTH=LOGIN] localhost IMAP4rev1 2002.336 at Fri, 17 Sep 2004 18:09:52 +0200
(SAST)"

Any ideas where I'm going wrong ? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.

Kindest regards
David Wilson