[imp] Re: Suggestions for wu-imap altenatives

Mike DiChiappari mdichiappari at domanisoft.com
Thu Sep 23 05:23:28 PDT 2004

Dan,

I think you've made your case for Courier.  I'll give it a try.  The only
obstacle for me is building it.  Do you know if there is an RPM that will
work on RedHat 9.0?

I generally try to stay away from building software.  Without turning this
into a rant, I've failed every single time in the past.  The problem is due
to versions and dependencies.  Ex: I build something (such as the Apache
Postgres/PHP mod).  It requires a specific version of the C library.  I
build that C library.  The C library breaks 50 other things on my server
that require the older library, etc.  In the case of the Postgres/PHP mod I
ended up rebuilding Apache and Postgres.  Couldn't use them though because
of dependency conflicts with the OS.

Thanks,
Mike

news:20040923041134.8wow848s0cwgc0kw at mail.kdhtech.com...