[imp] IMP, IMAP, and hMailServer

Mitchell Killian mitchkill at faithforthefamily.com
Fri Mar 11 15:41:31 PST 2005

I am trying to get IMP working on a mail server that I have setup.

Server Specs are:
Windows 2000 Advanced Server
hMailServer 3.4-B69
Horde 3.0.3
IMP 4.0.2

I can login via the POP3 protocol without any problems. However, when I try
to login with the IMAP protocol, it begins to act strangely. Sometimes it
will show the inbox correctly. At other times it shows only the tool bar
with some broken HTML next to some of the other buttons. And other times it
only shows a blank screen. Not sure if it is a problem with my installation
of Horde, IMP, or hMail. I doubt that it is a problem with hMail because I
have tested the IMAP protocol with Outlook Express and everything seems to
function without any problems. My servers.php IMAP entry for IMP looks like
this:

Code:

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'IMAP Server (' . $DomainName . ')',
    'server' => 'mail.' . $DomainName,
    'hordeauth' => false,
    'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
    'port' => 143,
    'folders' => '',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => $DomainName,
    'smtphost' => 'localhost',
    'smtpport' => 25,
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => '',
);

(where $DomainName is "example.com")

Any help that you can offer would be great! Thanks!

Mitchell Killian (II Cor. 12:9)

info at integritydc.net

Integrity Design and Coding

HYPERLINK "http://www.integritydc.net/"http://www.integritydc.net

Global Tech Hosting

HYPERLINK
"http://www.globaltechhosting.com/"http://www.globaltechhosting.com

“Except a man be born again, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.” John
3:3