[imp] sporadic segmentation fault of apache child processes, if running mod_perl & mod_php4 together

Thorsten Leiser T.Leiser at scharr.de
Thu Mar 17 10:56:40 PST 2005

Hi,

i've got the following problem. I've installed horde-2.2.7 and imp-3.2.6 on a
apache-1.3.26 running with mod_php4-4.2.2 and mod_perl-1.27. The linux
distribution is called SuSE Linux Standard Server 8 (short SLSTD) and runs with
kernel 2.4.21. The SLSTD is a out-of-the-box mailserver with a Web-Interface,
written in Perl, to administrate the users. So, i can't live without mod_perl.
In the prerequisites of horde-3, i read the note about the problem if mod_perl
and mod_php are running on the same server. The note references to zend.com
(http://www.zend.com/lists/php-dev/200309/msg00189.html). One of the solutions
to solve this problem, is to replace putenv() with apache_setenv()-calls in the
php-code of horde and imp.
I'tried to do so, but it didn't work. I changed the parameterisation from
putenv('variable_name=value') to apache_setenv('variable_name','value'). Now, i
can change the language of horde like i wan't, it just doesn't work. It stays
on default, in this case english. But i get no error-messages.
I'm just a poor admin and not a php-programmer. Why it doesn't work?

With kind regards

Thorsten

--
Thorsten Leiser