[imp] Re: cramming together

Alain Fauconnet alain at ait.ac.th
Fri Mar 18 01:46:56 PST 2005

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 09:49:31AM +0100, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Karolis Dautartas <list at public.lt>:
>
> > MMS> It was a one liner because this same point has come up *numerous* times
> > MMS> on the list.  And I have previously sent the message "this topic has
> > MMS> come up numerous times on the list" numerous times.  we just get
> > MMS> frustrated after we answer the same questions over and over and over.
> >
> > I wonder whether you would still say the same if the issue occured
> > with IE, not Firefox. Firefox is a widely used browser, and a good
> > idea would be to get it working on that browser instead of repeating
> > that it has bugs. Customers don't care about which side has bugs. They
> > want to read their email. If you had IMP working with firefox, it would
> > only make IMP better...
>
> Please think a second before you write such crap.

Jan, you need some vacation. Why don't you take a rest from the list
for a few weeks? Usually, your input is very helpful and your slaps
most of the time justified. But this time he's got an excellent point.
The fact that he hasn't read the archives doesn't change the issue a
bit. IMP is full of IE bug work-arounds, like Apache and a zillion
other open-source programs. Why wouldn't that apply to Firefox as
well? I know, I know... submit a patch. That'd be an acceptable reply.
But yours wasn't.

Greets,
_Alain_