[imp] Re: cramming together

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Mar 18 01:47:27 PST 2005

Zitat von Karolis Dautartas <list at public.lt>:

>>> I wonder whether you would still say the same if the issue occured
>>> with IE, not Firefox. Firefox is a widely used browser, and a good
>>> idea would be to get it working on that browser instead of repeating
>>> that it has bugs. Customers don't care about which side has bugs. They
>>> want to read their email. If you had IMP working with firefox, it would
>>> only make IMP better...
>
> JS> Please think a second before you write such crap.
>
> I did... so let me get this straight:
>
>  1. you think that  working around firefox would NOT make IMP a
>     better client?

It would, and as I already said, there is no workaround.

>  2. you would still NOT want to work around it if there was a
>     bug in IE that would make inbox unreadable or very annoying to
>     read?

Exactly, because it 1. has nothing to do with the browser manufacturer,
most of the Horde developers are actually using Firefox these days, and
making such silly assumptions is what annoys me. And 2., yes, this is
annoying, but nothing more, it doesn't make the mailbox unreadable or
unusable.

And if you you didn't notice, IMP (or Horde at all for that matter)
looks much better in Firefox than in IE because we build on standards
and not on crappy browser behaviour, so to imply that we are prejudiced
against any browser because it is used by fewer people is quite
impertinent.