[imp] Re: Aspell questions

Tom Lisjac netdxr at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 15:23:55 PST 2005

On Apr 2, 2005 1:10 PM, Kevin Myer <kevin_myer at iu13.org> wrote:
> First, is there a minimum required version of aspell to use with IMP?  I had
> aspell 0.33, that shipped with RHEL 3...

I can't comment on your current issue with aspell, but if you upgrade
to RHEL4 or try to get the spell checker going on a Fedora SELinux
enabled system, you'll need to add a couple of new policy rules to
local.te. A related thread on the selinux list can be found here:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-selinux-list/2005-February/msg00154.html

Here's a nicely written guide to creating the local.te policy change
that will survive a policy rpm upgrade:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/selinux-guide/selg-section-0120.html

> Finally, beware what your IMP spell checker may recommend vulgar words as
> replacements for common names.

We've noticed that too... slashdot.org will become slashdot.orgy if
you take the spell checker's first suggestion. :)

-Tom