[imp] Re: Users don't want to "download" attachments

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Tue Apr 12 14:25:20 PDT 2005

Daniel Eckl wrote:

> If I missed a point because of you didn't really tell what is really
> wanted, then please provide info.

Here is what my users want: (this is the behavior in IMP < 4)

Compose a new message to yourself. Attach to it an M$ Excel document (or M$
Word). Send it.
Click 'Inbox'. Click on the Subject. You should see your excel document
attached. It should have the M$ Excel icon and be highlighted/underliend as
a link.

Click on that link. What "should/is expected to" happen is a new window
should open and the attachement should be opened with excel inside that
window. Again I repeat, this is exactly what happened with old IMP.

In mime_drivers.php, if I comment out (or remove) the 3 M$ related elements
of $mime_drivers_map['horde']['registered'], then I get "No such index
msexcel" errors all over the place.

It's as if parts of Horde are paying attention to my changes and other parts
are not.

-Matthew