[imp] Re: IMAP messages not displaying in IMP

Eli eli-list at experthost.com
Wed Apr 13 22:22:13 PDT 2005

Michael wrote:
> Then it is just possible that the mailbox is so big and your IMAP
> server and/or network connection to the server is so slow that
> accessing the mailbox is causing a timeout.  Raise the PHP session
> timeout value if this is becoming a problem.

It is a very big mailbox, and it would probably take 20 minutes for IMP to
generate a listing, however that's not what is happening.  IMP doesn't
generate any errors at all through PHP.  The script doesn't time out or get
killed for running too long.  From the time I click on the INBOX, to the
time it displays no messages (literally says no messages in INBOX), no more
than ~10 seconds pass.  I have session timeouts in PHP set to 900 seconds
and in IMP it's set to 0.  All other timeouts I have set anywhere that I can
see are no less than 300 seconds.  If anything, I would imagine IMP should
run at least 5 minutes trying to make a list, stop or something and then at
least render what it parsed.  Instead though, just a matter of seconds and
nothing displayed (not to mention it seems to be crashing the IMAP service,
but I'd be more inclined to bet that on the IMAP server being dumb than
IMP).

I'll run tcpdump while trying this out to see if anything non-standard might
be going on.

Eli.