[imp] Configuration problem?

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Mon Jun 27 09:18:39 PDT 2005

Quoting Kevin Konowalec <kevin at ualberta.net>:

> I wrote a quick little query to see who was connected and for how
> long and I see people who have been logged on for like 35 hours.  We
> need to have sessions autoexpire after a period of inactivity.  Right
> now the performance of this server is abysmal - RIDICULOUSLY slow and
> then you have the periodic hanging.

Probably neither are IMP or Horde related.  Check your Apache config
and your OS
config for your web server, and any related configs for your database and mail
servers.  You reported (I believe) that you are running OpenBSD and that
connection to mail from IMP is slow but not from the command line.  Are you
running Apache chroot?  If so, do you have your chroot jail setup
properly?  Do
you have a reasonable number of file descriptors available for the number of
connections and users you plan to support?

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator