[imp] Horde and Courier many folders

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Wed Jan 18 00:08:05 PST 2006

Quoting Warwick Bruce Chapman <warwick at thusa.co.za>:

> Chuck, Jan, other gurus
>
> Please try point me in the right direction here... I am happy to search
> and tweak and fix myself, but need some idea of where horde is slowing
> down here.
>
> I have a server on which several users have over 2000 folders in their
> IMAP mailboxes, and I used Horde for their Webmail.  The users with
> more than 1000 odd mail folders experience a huge waiting period when
> logging into horde (during with the courier-imap process sits around
> 100%).  Once logged in, things are generally snappy and useable.

Without tracing or profiling the code, it is difficult to know for
sure.  If you can figure out exactly where the code is hanging up,
that would make it a lot easier to debug.

What versions are you using?  If you want performance, you should try
HEAD, or at least Horde 3.1.0 - since large portions of the
IMAP_Tree:: library (which builds the IMAP folder tree) have been
rewritten.

michael