[imp] no sidebar

Ryan Flannery ryan.flannery at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 12:02:36 PST 2006

Common error on OpenBSD... has to do with the c-client library
(which is used by the php-imap package).

Check out:
http://www.ryanflannery.net/howtos/horde_imp_obsd.php

If you're running Apache as user 'www' (or whatever), the c-client
library is trying to open /etc/pwd.db file to make sure user 'www'
exists.  Since you're in the chroot, it can't read it.  You can make
a copy of the password db under the chroot, containing only the record
for user 'www' and things will work just fine.  That file is created
using the 'pwd_mkdb' program though, so doing the following should
work...

  mkdir -p /var/www/etc
  cp /etc/master.passwd /var/www/etc
  vi /var/www/etc/master.passwd
    (remove all lines except the one for user 'www')
  pwd_mkdb -d /var/www/etc /var/www/etc/master.passwd

-Ryan