[imp] Horde H3 Windows98/ME I.Explorer problem

lst_hoe01@kwsoft.de lst_hoe01 at kwsoft.de
Thu Mar 2 09:22:06 PST 2006

Zitat von Marcelo Maraboli <marcelo.maraboli at usm.cl>:

> Dear List..
>
> I have recently installed Horde H3 & all the latest
> versiones of the H3 suite (imp, turba, kronolith, nag,
> mnemo, gollem, passwd) with excellent results, with
> only 1 exception:
>
> All of my Windows98 and WindowsME users are complaining
> that they cannot use the WebMail interface because all they
> get is a blank screen. We have made many tests and realized
> that the combination "windows/98/Me + I.Explorer 6.0" does
> not work, but the same PC with "windows/98/Me + Firefox 1.5+"
> works fine.

Have you ever tried with non-encrypted connections. There was a
discussion some time ago on errors from MSIE regarding SSL depending on
the platform it is running. As far as i know this can be fixed by some
settings in your apache conf.
SuSE uses this one for ages and it works for me(TM)...

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
         nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
         downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

Regards