[imp] IMP 4.1 + UW-IMAP

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Mar 7 22:01:06 PST 2006

Quoting Adrian Chadd <adrian at creative.net.au>:

> You'd be quite correct in stating that there isn't a "folder prefix" as
> far as the IMAP + IMAP namespace RFC is concerned, but email clients do
> have such a concept and said option has already been used. It wouldn't be
> the first time a piece of software needed to cater for options which
> aren't strictly RFC-compliant.

Then you have missed the *hundreds* of messages in these mailing lists
and the bug tracking system in the last year or so where we have
discussed this topic.  I've added some more text to
http://wiki.horde.org/ImpUWIMAPNamespaces to explain this better.

and a namespace array would probably look like this:

  'name' => 'mail/,
  'delimiter' => '/',
  'type' => 'personal',
  'hidden' => false

i would take exception to the argument that this is "non-obvious" from
looking at the example in the wiki.

michael